- Medical Board of Queensland
- Medical Council Of New Zealand
- MBCHB – Iraq (1977)
- Member of Royal College of Physicicans(London) 1985
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (Glasgow) 1997
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians 1998
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (London) 2001
- Fellow of the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions 2001
- Fellow of Australia and New Zealand Cardiac Society 2005
- Fellow of the American college of Cardiology 2005
- 04/08/77 to 04/08/78
Clinical House Officer
Najaf Teaching Hospital (3 months each in General Medicine, Paediatric, Surgery, Gynaecology) Iraq
- 21/11/78 to 22/05/80
Senior House Officer (Haematology, Clinical Pathology)
Al-Yarmouk Teaching Hospital Iraq
- 28/05/80 to 19/04/81
Senior House Officer (Clinical Pathology)
The London Hospital England
- 21/04.81 to 21/04/82
Registrar in Clinical Pathology and Haematology
Watford General Hospital England
- 21/04/82 to 17/02/83
Senior House Officer, General Medicine
Watford General Hospital England
- 18/02/83 to 01/09/85
Registrar, General Medicine
Mubarak Hospital Kuwait
- 18/02/83 to 01/09/85
Registrar, Cardiology Centre
Chest Hospital Kuwait
- 01/09/86 to 01/06/90
Senior Registrar, Cardiology Centre
Chest Hospital Kuwait
- 01/06/90 to 23/07/91
Chest Disease Hospital Kuwait
- 10/08/91 to 31/12/91
Tajora Hosptial Libya
- 02/01/92 to 14/07/95
Consultant and Honorary Assistant Professor in Cardiology
Charles Nicolle Hospital Medical School Tunis, Tunisia
- 17/07/95 to 10/10/97
- Consultant Cardiologist
Dubai Hospital Dubai, U.A.E
- Consultant Cardiologist, Townsville General Hospital
Townsville, QLD Australia
- 05/07/2001 to 31/12/2004
The Sunshine Coast Private Hospital, Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia
- 2/1/2005 to 1/3/2006
Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
The Gold Coast Hospital 108 Nerrang Street Southport, 4215, Gold Coast, QLD Australia
- Since March 2006
Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Dubai Hospital, Dubai, UAE
Palmerston North Hospital
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Canadian Specialist Hospital
- of the pioneers in the field of interventional cardiac procedures, Chest Hospital, Kuwait, 1985-1990.
- A pioneer in interventional cardiac procedures at Charles Nicolle Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia, 1991-1995.
- One of the pioneers in interventional cardiac procedures, Dubai Hospital, Dubai, UAE, 1995-1997.
- Senior consultant interventional cardiologist in New Zealand and Australia, 1997-2006.
- One of the pioneers in interventional cardiac procedures, Gold Coast Hospital, Gold Coast,
- Queensland, Australia, 2005.
- Senior consultant interventional cardiologist, and in charge of the non-invasive cardiac laboratory at Dubai Hospital, from 2006-2011. Also senior lecturer at Dubai Medical College for Girls.
- One of the founders of UAE intervention working group in 2010.
- Currently senior consultant and head of department of cardiology, Canadian Specialist Hospital, Dubai, UAE.
- Proactively involved in teaching and lecturing, as well as chairing a number of cardiac conferences at both the national and international levels.
- As a recognised authority in cardiology, Dr. Kiwan has served as a subject matter expert for
- various publications and journals.
- Currently serving as a subject matter expert for various cardiology publications and preparing his second book on cardiac interventional and surgical procedures.
Clinical Tutor involved in teaching of undergraduate and postgraduate medical students in Kuwait Medical School. Teaching of doctors preparing for Arab Board in Medicine and for MRCP (from 1985 –1990).
Honorary Assistant Professor of Cardiology in Tunis Medical School (1992-1995).
Clinical Tutor, Dubai Medical College for girls (1995-1997).
Clinical Tutor, JCU, Townsville, Australia (1999 – 2001).
Senior lecturer in Dubai Medical School For Girls Since 2006
2. Invasive Cardiology
Twenty one years experience in Cardiac Catheterization, including Coronary Angiography, Congenital Heart Diseases, Valvular Heart Disease, (approximately eight thousand cases).
Trans-septal Left Heart Catheterization.
3. Interventional Cardiology (Since 1987)
Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty
Pulmonary Balloon Valvuloplasty.
Coronary Angioplasty and coronary stenting
Aortic Balloon Valvuloplasty, coarctation dilation and sub-aortic membrane dilation.
Percutaneous Closed Pericardial Biopsy and Endomyocardial Biopsy.
Trained in PFO closure
Trained in Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting.
Permanent Pacemaker Implantation (single and dual chamber).
4. Non-Invasive Cardiology
Holter Monitor Analysis.
5. Active involvement in preparation of integrated clinical pathways.
- Asian and North Africa Conference for Pacemaker an E-P Study, Dubai – U.A.E. (1987)
- Interventional Cardiology Seminar in Geneva (1987)
- Pan-Arab Cardiac Society Conference in Jordan (1988).
- ACC Conference (1989) USA
- European Cardiac Society Conference (1989) France
- Angioplasty Training Program in Poland (1988)
- Iraq Cardiac Society Conference (1990)
- USCI Training Program PDA Occlusion by Double Umbrella Technique in Jordan (1990)
- Mediterranean Association of Cardiology in Turkey (1990)
- ACC Conference (1993) USA
- World Congress and The European Society of Cardiology Germany (1994)
- 7th Mediterranean Association of Cardiology Tunisia (1994)
- Many local cardiology conferences in Tunisia since (1992)
- Toulouse Course of Interventional Cardiology France (1996)
- European Cardiac Society Conference Stockholm (1997)
- Australia and New Zealand Cardiac Society Conference Perth (1998)
- North Queensland Physicians’ Annual Clinical Meeting Townsville, Australia November (1999)
- Active involvement in many regional conferences and symposia in Queensland, Australia (1999 – 2001)
- IVUS Training Program Monash Medical Centre Melbourne, Victoria, Australia September (2000)
- Rotablator Training Program Eastern Heart Centre Sydney, New South Wales, Australia November (2000)
- European Cardiac Society Conference Amsterdam August (2000).
P.C.R. (Paris) May (2001)
- World Congress of Cardiology and The Australia and New Zealand Cardiac Society Conference Sydney, Australia (2002).
- C.C.T , Kobe (Japan) November 2002.
- European Cardiac Society Conference August 2003 Vienna (Austria)
PCR, Paris 2004
- The CSANZ conference, Brisbane 2004
- The Europian cardiac society , Barcelona, 2006
- The CSANZ conference, Perth 2005
- The European cardiac society , Barcelona, 2006
- The CSANZ, Christchurch, 2007.
- SCAI/I2 summit Chicago 2008.
- ESC , Munich, 2008
- TCT Korea 2009
- Gulf Heart Association Dubai 2009
- The pan Arab Health conference Dubai 2009
- CSANZ Sydney 2009
- Gulf Heart Association conferece ,Dubai, April 2009
- TCT Asia Passific , South Korea, April, 2009
- PCI.Paris, 2010
- CSANZC, Perth, 2011
- Euro PCR, May 2012, Paris
- ECSC Nov 2013, Dubai
- Euro PCR May 2013, Paris
- ECSC Dubai 2014
- 4 TS Dubai 2015
- Euro PCR , Paris 2015
1. Kiwan Y, Blenkinsopp K, Baithun S.
‘Fibroma of Tendon Sheath’ – A report of two cases and review of literature, J. Kwt.
– Medical Association; Vol. 18, No. 4 269-272 December (1984).
2. Kiwan Y, Valliattu J, Shubaiber H, et al.
‘Cardio Bacterium Hominis Endocarditis’ – A report of 1 case and review of literature.
J. Cardiovasc Surgery 30, 328-332 (1989).
3. Kiwan Y, Hayat N, Shuhaiber H, et al.
‘Prospective Study of Infective Endocarditis in Chest Disease Hospital’.
Journal of Kuwait Medical Association No. 2, 142-145 (1990).
4. Kiwan Y, Hayat N.
‘Coronary Angioplasty, Kuwait Experience’ in the first eighty cases.
(Abstract), Iraq Cardiac Society Conference – February 1990.
5. Kiwan Y, Endrys J, Hayat N.
‘Combined Aortic and Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty’ – Report of 1 case and a review of literature.
Journal of the Saudi Heart Association Vol.3 No. 2, 62-64 May (1991)
6. Kiwan Y, Endrys J, Kasri R, et al.
‘Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty by Inoue Technique without Echocardiography Standby’
– Annals of Saudi Medicine Vol. 14 No. 5, 385-378 (1994).
7. Kiwan Y, Yousuf ali A, Muscat-baron J, et al.
‘Endomyocardial Biopsy for Malignant Cardiac Neoplasm’ – Report of 1 case and literature review Emirates
Medical Journal 8, 124-127 (1997).
8. Kiwan Y, Kasri R, Ouechtati W, et al.
‘Balloon Dilatation for discrete Sub-aortic Membranous Stenosis, Immediate and Short Term Results’
– Saudi Heart Journal Vol. 5 No. 1, 17-22 May (1994)
9. Kiwan Y, Kasri R, Langar J, et al.
‘Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty. New Emerging Indications’
– Saudi Heart J. Vol. 7 No. 1, 73-82 Aug (1995)
10. Kiwan Y, Kasri R, Langar J.
‘Coronary Angioplasty, the Charles Nicolle Hospital Experience’
(Abstract) Tunisian Cardiac Society Conference, Jerba November (1993).
11. Kiwan Y, Kasri R, Bezdah L, et al.
‘Comparative study between Inoue and Double Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty’.(Abstract) Monastir 19th Medico-Surgical Conference
Monastir, Tunisia, April (1993).
12. Kiwan Y, Kasri R, Bachraoui F, et al.
‘Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty by Inoue Balloon’.(Abstract) 7th Annual Meeting of the Mediterranean Association of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery,
Hammamet, Tunisia October 5-8 (1994).
13 Kiwan Y, Kasri R, Baccar H.
‘Emergency Coronary Angioplasty in Patients with Acute Anterior Myocardial Infarction’.
(Abstract) The 7th Annual Meeting of the Mediterranean Association of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Hammamet, Tunisia October (1994).
14 Kiwan Y, Bachraoui F, Barawia L, et al.
Incidence of Left Atrial Thrombus in patients with Mitral Stenosis and Sinus Rhythm’. (Abstract) The 1st Annual Meeting of the Franco-Tunisian Association of Cardiology
Hammamat, Tunisia August 5 (1994).
15. Kiwan Y, Kasri R, Baccar H.
‘Immediate and Medium Term Results of Coronary Angioplasty. An experience with the first 100 cases’.
(Abstract) Monstir Cardiac Society Conference Monstir, Tunisia September 5 (1995).
16. Kiwan Y, Ouechtati W, Boughzala A, et al.
‘Retrospective Comparative Study between Surgery and Balloon Dilatation for the Treatment of Membranous Sub-aortic Stenosis’.
17. Kiwan Y, Binbrik A, Kasri R.
‘Mitral Balloon Vavuloplasty. A New Emerging Indication’. 1st Arab-German Association of Cardiology.
(Abstract) 23 March (1996) Abu Dhabi – U.A.E.
18. Kiwan Y, Binbrik, Kasri R.
‘Coronary Angioplasty in Total Coronary Occlusions. Immediate Results’. (Abstract) The 3rd International Cardiology Conference Dubai – U.A.E.
April 3-5 (1997).
19. Kiwan Y, Yousuf Ali A, Muscat-Baron J.
Percutaneous Endomyocardial Biopsy for Intra-Cardiac Tumours’. (Abstract) The 3rd International Cardiology Conference Dubai – U.A.E.
April 3 – 5 (1997).
20. Kiwan Y, Al-Hussain G, Muscat-Baron J.
‘Percutaneous Balloon Dilatation for Native Coarctation of Aorta’.
Submitted to Emirate Medical Journal.
21. Kiwan Y, Kasri R, Endrys J, et al
‘Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty. New Emerging Indications’.
(Abstract) 46th Meeting of the Australia and New Zealand Cardiac Society Perth, Australia.
1. Valliattu J, Kiwan Y, Shuhaiber H, et al.
A report of 1 case and review of literature.
J. Cardiovascular Surgery 33, 1231-1234 (1989).
2. Langar J, Kiwan Y, Kasri R.
‘Balloon Dilatation for Adult Native Coarctation of the Aorta’.
(Abstract) Tunisian Cardiac Society Conference Jerba November (1993).
3. Radwan M. Kiwan Y, Binbrik A.
‘Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty in Single and Multiple Coronary Artery Disease Dubai Hospital Experience’. (Abstract)
The 3rd International Cardiology Conference Dubai – U.A.E. April 3-5 (1997).
1. Pinto T, Baithun S, Kiwan Y.
‘Four Cases of Prune Belly Syndrome (Diagnostics Histopathology)’
Vol. 5. 197 – 203 (1982).
2. Endrys J, Simo M, Shafie M, Kiwan Y.
‘A new Non-Surgical Technique of closed Pericardial Biopsy. Catheterization and Cardiovascular. Diag. 59, 92 – 94 (1988).
3. Jaradah T, Al-Yosuf A, Kiwan Y.
‘The prognostic Utility of dipyridamole Tc-99m (MIBI) Scan in Patients with a first time Acute Non-Q wave Myocardial Infarction’. (Abstract)
5th World Congress of Nuclear Medicine and Biology
Montreal, Canada (1990).
4. Mohammed M, Hassan I, Nair M, Kiwan Y.
‘Assessment of the Delayed Spect Thallium – 201
Images for Differentiation of Viable from Scarred Myocardium’.(Abstract)
36th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Nuclear Medicine St Louis, MO June (1989).
5. Hassan I, Hayat N, Nair M, Kiwan Y.
‘Left Ventricular Wall Motional Abnormalities: Comparison between Multigated Tc-99m (MIBI), Contract Ventriculography and Coronary Angiography’. (Abstract)
The European Nuclear Medicine Congress
Milano, Italy August (1988).
6. Gharbo H, Vijayraghavan V, Endrys J, Kiwan Y.
‘Incidence of Atrial Septal Defect following Percutaneous Mitral Balloon Valvuloplasty’.
(Abstract) The 1st Pan Arab Congress of Cardiology and The 17th Annual Meeting of the Egyptian Society of Cardiology Cairo – Egypt February (1990).
7. Bachraoui F, Gargouris, Kasri R, Kiwan Y.
‘Hydatid Cyst of the Interventricular Septum presented as Complete Heart Block’.
(Abstract) The 7th Annual Meeting of The Mediterranean Association of Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Hammat – Tunisia October (1994).